Preparing for Surgery
Prior to your procedure, a staff member of our Pre-admissions team will contact you to ask a series of health related questions. If you need blood work or additional testing, a scheduled appointment will be set prior to your surgery date.
Each procedure is unique and holds its own unique pre-surgery preparations. For this purpose, your healthcare provider should also provide a list of day-of or pre-surgery provisions.
What to Bring
To ensure your admission to Emory-Adventist Hospital goes smoothly, please bring the following:
- A photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- A list of all your current medicines—prescription and over-the-counter.
- Any forms your physician gave you to bring to the hospital.
- Any relevant medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification, and any other documentation required by your insurer.
- A list of emergency contact numbers.