Getting You Back to Where You Want to Be
From restoring your strength to rebuilding your life, Emory-Adventist Hospital’s rehabilitation services, operated by PT Solutions, help you create your healthy future.
We offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Our Services are multidisciplinary so you can get all of the therapy services you need at one location.
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Hand Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Neurologic Movement Disorder
Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants are professional health care providers who are licensed and specially trained to improve movement and function while addressing issues of pain, weakness, loss of motion or lack of coordination.
As part of the Emory-Adventist Hospital family, physical therapists work in conjunction with other members of the health care team to achieve the highest possible rehabilitation goals. Goals vary for each patient based on his/her diagnosis, functional ability and lifestyle.
- Evaluation and treatment of orthopedic and neurologic related diagnoses
- Sports medicine
- Computerized gait analysis
- Inpatient therapy
- Ergonomic assessment
- Wound care
The occupational therapist is a health and rehabilitation professional. Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants work with people of all ages who, because of physical, developmental, social, or emotional problems, need specialized assistance to lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out activities of daily living.
- Comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation.
- Assessments and treatment for work performance skills.
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function.
- Instructions to family members and attendants in safe and effective methods of caring for individuals.
Speech-Language Pathology plays a key role in helping patients recover from injury, serious illness or surgery. Speech Language Pathology, also known as Speech Therapy, is the evaluation, intervention and treatment of disorders associated with communication deficits, aphasia, dysphagia (swallowing disorders), speech and voice disorders, and language impairments, including those related to degenerative diseases, such as Parkinson's Disease. Pathologists help individuals achieve their maximum level of independence. Utilizing a treatment program prescribed by the physician, the therapists build on each patient's skills and goals to achieve their maximum potential.
- Extensive evaluation of deficits associated with any illness causing loss of function within the areas of speech, language, and swallowing.
- Individual treatment programs aimed at improving patients' abilities in communication, comprehension, memory function, or swallowing.
- Instruction for patients, family members and caregivers.
- Area high school and community sports event coverage.
- IMPACCT concussion baseline testing.
- Injury screen
- Weekend bumps and bruise clinic.
For more information, call 770-438-5220.